BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
wadeschields
wadeschields
NYC and York PA
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Rod and Tappet Jump to new posts
Re: Boredom Chronicles Graham Ham 11 minutes ago
As you is bored, how about a trip down memory lane .... remember this?
9 199 Read More
Bsa gold star forum Jump to new posts
Re: 54 daytona vokes air filter Myles Raymond 31 minutes ago
... And here it is fitted to McDermott's bike at Daytona though you can see he removed the hose and put a small pancake filter on the inlet stub...
6 286 Read More
The triple forum Jump to new posts
Re: New versus old dipsticks L.A.B. 45 minutes ago
Originally Posted by DMadigan
I believe the stick marked H/L is the original. So the reproduction stick is lower.

I believe not.

Edit:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Although partially obscured it is stamped "CEANDESS LTD. WOLVERHAMPTON" therefore almost certainly original.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
3 28 Read More
Bsa bulletin board Jump to new posts
Re: Electrex World CDI questions Danam 46 minutes ago
thanks! I will follow up with how this works out. So far it's pretty simple (with the exception of passing the stator wires through the case)
7 121 Read More
British motorcycles in general Jump to new posts
Re: Monobloc flooding Allan G 1 hour ago
Are these new carbs or old rebuilt carbs?

If they are old rebuilt carbs then they should NOT have the gasket underneath the tickler. As this will cause the problem your seeing. There’s also a pip on the Amal cover, this is the float (fluid) height your looking to achieve. The bit on tip should not be in view when you take your cover off, compared to the concentric it should be upside down, so the float itself is acting on the needle.

The needle should rest on the little tab on the slide of the float so ensure that the float is fitted to enable this. Tab is adjusted to adjust float height.

See pic:

[Linked Image]
1 14 Read More
Britbike remembrance forum Jump to new posts
Re: Dick Klamfoth takes his last lap Myles Raymond 1 hour ago
Dick and some of the BSA wrecking crew at Daytona in 2004 plus one from the Circuit in '61.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
7 1,522 Read More
Re: ALWAYS wear the proper gear, children ... ricochetrider 1 hour ago
"proper", or "de rigueur"?

as in,

"shorts and sneakers might not be proper motorcycling gear- but may well be de rigueur for kids and their GFs on rice rockets"
3 85 Read More
Re: K70 tyres unsuitable DMadigan 2 hours ago
If the bike originally came with them I am not sure they would have a case although I know nothing bout UK law. Were they speed rated back then?
3 49 Read More
The triple forum Jump to new posts
Re: Removing the tacho drive DMadigan 2 hours ago
The drive housing is a close fit in the case (the gear has to mesh with the cam). You will not be able to twist it until the base is clear of the case. Depending upon the sealer used it may be very difficult to pull off. It is possible to pull out the core by removing the set screw/bolt. It has an O-ring seal. I was not able to pull it out without using a drift on the lower end.
7 63 Read More
British modified/specials Jump to new posts
Re: triumph desert sled Idaho desert rat 2 hours ago
Thanks just looking for ways to keep the 60s look on the whole project.
Also I was looking for stock fork length (axle center to top of stanchion) looking for a period correct ceriani or betor if somebody knows what bike they would have come on that would help also.
2 113 Read More
Events Jump to new posts
Re: Britbike reunion camp out - World Wide ZOOM Gordon Gray 2 hours ago
I’ve had a couple folks ask about RV’s and such for this event. TWOS only allows 2 ( or in some cases 3) wheeled vehicles in the campground. They have a remote parking lot where you park cars and trucks. You’ll have to ask our local ( kinda) folks but I know I’ve seen folks camping out of their trucks over there. There would be no hookups and if you were planning on that we’d ask that you contact the campground to check with them about it so there wouldn’t be any surprises.

That said there are campgrounds in the area that are set up for RV, trailer and vehicle camping. Here are two that were recommended by TWOS

Lake Winfield Scott - Currently closed due to the virus but could open by Aug

Skeenah Creek - 16 miles from TWOS

Once I get back home tonight I’ll do a better job of setting up those links but this should work for a google search. Not sure if I spelled Skeenah correctly??

Take care and we’ll leave a light on for ya.

Gordon

PS. I’m getting in some more suggestions. It would be nice if we do find a need for this that we pick one so we can “sorta” keep the group together. ( that’s where my control freak trait kicks in) Just might make things simpler logistically ?
55 859 Read More
Triumph bulletin board Jump to new posts
Re: Electric start start conversion for old Triumphs RPM 3 hours ago
We have installed them on 650/750 twins.
57 18,156 Read More
Royal enfield forum Jump to new posts
Re: Help in identifying the Engine - 700cc Dhinayluvsu 3 hours ago
Dear Chris, thanks a lot for the info. Much appreciated.
2 55 Read More
Re: '68 Spitfire starts but won't stay running gavin eisler 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by MarcB
Good news:
[*]Coils in series measure about 4.4 ohms on the primary windings (I'm guessing this translates to 2.2 per coil, but I haven't disconnected them from each other yet). Seems a bit high but I'm not sold on this being the issue yet.
[*]Coils measure 7k ohms on the output side[/list]

I did find that the red wire from coil to battery + was a bit frayed but replacing it with a test lead didn't change anything.

By the time I reconnected everything, I could not get it to restart. I actually see this as good progress because it will be easier to track down the issue if it's not so intermittent. I had to stop there but next steps will be to see if the plugs are firing (assuming it still won't start) and then whether I can get the plugs to fire by bypassing the trigger plate.

This suggests that you havent tested individual coil LT resistance,
26 661 Read More
Re: Rear wheel re-spoke Pete Twissell 4 hours ago
I've built many wheels, but never used stainless nipples with stainless spokes.
Not only do they risk siezing, but the variation in friction means that torque figures are virtually useless.
My preference is to use plated brass nipples. I build the wheel loosely, then fit it to the jig (an old swingarm) to true it as I go round gradually tightening the spokes.
Many motorcycle rims are not truly round as supplied - they are usually not quite flat (i.e. with the rim laid on a flat surface) and have at least one kink where they are joined. You could easiy waste hours trying to pull the rim straight with the spokes - but then the spoke tension will be uneven and all the load will be on a few spokes. Stainless spokes don't like this and they will break. I generally aim for less than 1.5mm runout and 3mm side to side wobble.
The 'ting' test is as good as any. Most importantly, it targets even spoke tension.
5 158 Read More
Re: Triumph TR25W Trophy kommando 5 hours ago
TMS Motorcycles do BSA and Triumph B25 harnesses, for my B44 1969 Victor Special I used the TMS TR25W 68 to 70 harness with some minor modifications. The harness comes with some extra wires in place for the optional indicator kit you bought from the dealer 69 and 70.

MC.19 HARNESS PVC TRIUMPH TR25W 1968 TO 1970
MC.19PB HARNESS BRAIDED TRIUMPH TR25W 1968 TO 1970

All TMS harness's are made by Autosparks.
5 140 Read More
Members bike projects Jump to new posts
Re: 1968 Triumph T100R Daytona 500 - Super Project Chris Brasier 6 hours ago
I fell into that trap as well John. It's too tempting to adjust the primary chain tension while you have good access, I then found that the adjustment rod was pulled too close to the crankcase to allow the primary cover to go back on. With everything slack the cover goes on easily, seems there's no way to avoid poking your finger into the hole and trying to figure out 1/2" chain movement feels like.

Chris B
156 69,247 Read More
Re: Barn Find Beeza gavin eisler 6 hours ago
The exhaust pipes need a tie bar where they leave the ports, guaranteed they will spit out without one. Nuthin fancy each header should be trapped between two nuts, a suitable lenth of 1/4 diameter SS rod threaded each end will do. If you can fit it and the nuts without removing the pipes give yourself a cigar.
For cleaning off the exhaust goo , use petrol/gasolene. That red hi temp stuff is overkill, ordinary bath type silicon can easily withstand exhaust port temperatures.
The kickstart spring will break if left over tensioned.
The matt unpollished cases will attract dirt.
Was upon a time there was a planning concept called Critical path Analysis.
Some jobs must be done before others.
Fitting oil lines and rear wheel /chain , testing tweaking gearchange, oiling up motor all come well before fannying around with exhaust pipes.
344 30,352 Read More
Re: New purchase 1968 Triumph TR25W (BSA nightmare) kommando 7 hours ago
The con rod snaps when the big end seizes, fit T100 shells out of Al/Sn without the oil hole not the OEM whitemetal rubbish, fit a late T100 con rod without oil hole and do all the oil mods so the oil pressure is good, fit an oil filter and use a good oil. A blueprinted B25 engine will give out 100hp per litre, it thrives on revs so use the full rev range and do not change from 3rd to 4th until you see 8k rpm.
9 316 Read More
rickman framenumber TommyHavana 7 hours ago
hello everybody,

im new to this forum, many thanks for letting me take part!
I'm from Hamburg, Germany, and own a BSA B50 and since a week a Rickman Metisse Mk3 with t100ss motor.

Since the "metisse story" -book is either not available, or costs 180 Pounds, i wanted to ask if anybody who
owns it could help me out with finding the building year and original built in motor. That would be great!

Tommy
0 30 Read More
Re: Droopy like car? Pete Twissell 8 hours ago
There are probably more hybrids on the road than most of us appreciate. Sure, the Prius is ugly and we can spot one a mile off, but most manufacturers simply produce hybrid versions of existing models, identifyable only by a small badge and sometimes not even that.
Hybrids are lurking under your nose!
I've already heard of one instance of someone buying a used car, only discovering that it was a hybrid when he drove into town and it all went quiet, but kept going!
8 231 Read More
Re: The Motorcycle: Design ~ Art ~ Desire BSA_WM20 8 hours ago
That is interesting.
THe Qld border s still closed and last night they were talking about it staying that way till September at the earliest.
86 2,785 Read More
Re: Amal carb manifolds HawaiianTiger 9 hours ago
Is that thread 5/16" by 24tpi? I'll bet standoffs (or coupling nuts) that size are available at the local hardware store. That and a bolt is all that tool is. Probably a couple bucks worth of hardware. Also, there are lots of handy guys here that could knock out that tool in their garage in five minutes.
Cheers,
Bill
12 162 Read More
Re: Old but still funny Richrd 13 hours ago
That's the first video I saw after buying my beer. Still love it. (The video, I mean)
3 167 Read More
Hot links forum Jump to new posts
69 Triumph Bonneville, California Ebay franko 13 hours ago
0 33 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership