BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
mikelucas
mikelucas
Burlington VT
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Members bike projects Jump to new posts
Re: 1968 Triumph T100R Daytona 500 - Super Project Chris Brasier 6 minutes ago
I fell into that trap as well John. It's too tempting to adjust the primary chain tension while you have good access, I then found that the adjustment rod was pulled too close to the crankcase to allow the primary cover to go back on. With everything slack the cover goes on easily, seems there's no way to avoid poking your finger into the hole and trying to figure out 1/2" chain movement feels like.

Chris B
156 69,195 Read More
Bsa bulletin board Jump to new posts
Re: Barn Find Beeza gavin eisler 14 minutes ago
The exhaust pipes need a tie bar where they leave the ports, guaranteed they will spit out without one. Nuthin fancy each header should be trapped between two nuts, a suitable lenth of 1/4 diameter SS rod threaded each end will do. If you can fit it and the nuts without removing the pipes give yourself a cigar.
For cleaning off the exhaust goo , use petrol/gasolene. That red hi temp stuff is overkill, ordinary bath type silicon can easily withstand exhaust port temperatures.
The kickstart spring will break if left over tensioned.
The matt unpollished cases will attract dirt.
Was upon a time there was a planning concept called Critical path Analysis.
Some jobs must be done before others.
Fitting oil lines and rear wheel /chain , testing tweaking gearchange, oiling up motor all come well before fannying around with exhaust pipes.
344 30,307 Read More
Re: New purchase 1968 Triumph TR25W (BSA nightmare) kommando 1 hour ago
The con rod snaps when the big end seizes, fit T100 shells out of Al/Sn without the oil hole not the OEM whitemetal rubbish, fit a late T100 con rod without oil hole and do all the oil mods so the oil pressure is good, fit an oil filter and use a good oil. A blueprinted B25 engine will give out 100hp per litre, it thrives on revs so use the full rev range and do not change from 3rd to 4th until you see 8k rpm.
9 289 Read More
British motorcycles in general Jump to new posts
rickman framenumber TommyHavana 1 hour ago
hello everybody,

im new to this forum, many thanks for letting me take part!
I'm from Hamburg, Germany, and own a BSA B50 and since a week a Rickman Metisse Mk3 with t100ss motor.

Since the "metisse story" -book is either not available, or costs 180 Pounds, i wanted to ask if anybody who
owns it could help me out with finding the building year and original built in motor. That would be great!

Tommy
0 9 Read More
The Rod and Tappet Jump to new posts
Re: Droopy like car? Pete Twissell 1 hour ago
There are probably more hybrids on the road than most of us appreciate. Sure, the Prius is ugly and we can spot one a mile off, but most manufacturers simply produce hybrid versions of existing models, identifyable only by a small badge and sometimes not even that.
Hybrids are lurking under your nose!
I've already heard of one instance of someone buying a used car, only discovering that it was a hybrid when he drove into town and it all went quiet, but kept going!
8 208 Read More
British motorcycles in general Jump to new posts
Re: The Motorcycle: Design ~ Art ~ Desire BSA_WM20 2 hours ago
That is interesting.
THe Qld border s still closed and last night they were talking about it staying that way till September at the earliest.
86 2,749 Read More
The triple forum Jump to new posts
Re: Removing the tacho drive BrettF 3 hours ago
Ahh, just saw your edit LAB, thanks for the picture. Good old Haynes!
6 43 Read More
Triumph bulletin board Jump to new posts
Re: Amal carb manifolds HawaiianTiger 3 hours ago
Is that thread 5/16" by 24tpi? I'll bet standoffs (or coupling nuts) that size are available at the local hardware store. That and a bolt is all that tool is. Probably a couple bucks worth of hardware. Also, there are lots of handy guys here that could knock out that tool in their garage in five minutes.
Cheers,
Bill
12 142 Read More
The triple forum Jump to new posts
New versus old dipsticks BrettF 4 hours ago
Hi folks, I found the broken off dipstick when I cleaned the oil tank ( I thought the triples had no vibration and were as smooth as a landrover :-))

Note the different marking between the old and the repop. The high level in the old days was much lower. Maybe due to the oil crises that had just hit the year before laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
0 7 Read More
Re: Electrex World CDI questions Allan G 4 hours ago
Your second diagram already tells you. The only difference is unlike the normal setup where you would have a common positive ground, you’d have a common negative ground so tail lights which return through the tinware and frame will connect via that, a bolt connected to the frame with a wire back to the box, and any wires that have their own earth can also mount to this bolt. The diagram tells everything you need just not showing switches or Pillar bolts.
6 100 Read More
Re: '68 Spitfire starts but won't stay running Allan G 4 hours ago
Good tip on the freeze spray Gavin
24 629 Read More
Bsa gold star forum Jump to new posts
Re: 54 daytona vokes air filter Boomer 4 hours ago
Miles, I have found post image a site that makes attaching photos very easy. I look forward to seeing the pictures as I'm working on one of the '49 team machines, (#57, ridden by Hubert Simon), and also have a '51 Daytona ZB engine that was dispatched to Hap Alzina.

Bill B...
3 263 Read More
Triumph bulletin board Jump to new posts
Re: Triumph TR25W Trophy quinten 6 hours ago
i see looms in the UK , on sale now for about 70 £

the cartoon that comes with the latest green box Lucas stuff is
very handy for identifying General component locations .
[Linked Image from feked.com]

the coil has a simple bracket to frame
this is just a pic snagged from the web
so i wont try to xplain the wiring mess [Linked Image from rustedchrome.com]
4 117 Read More
Events Jump to new posts
Re: Britbike reunion camp out - World Wide ZOOM wadeschields 6 hours ago
Never done a dual sport ride so we will see.... Dont think I have a proper bike for that but its interesting. Hope to see you all there...
54 823 Read More
The Rod and Tappet Jump to new posts
Re: Old but still funny Richrd 7 hours ago
That's the first video I saw after buying my beer. Still love it. (The video, I mean)
3 134 Read More
Hot links forum Jump to new posts
69 Triumph Bonneville, California Ebay franko 7 hours ago
0 19 Read More
68 BSA Starfire, Massachusetts Ebay franko 7 hours ago
0 5 Read More
76 Triumph Bonneville Project, Indiana Ebay franko 7 hours ago
0 3 Read More
70 BSA Royal Star, New Mexico Ebay franko 7 hours ago
0 7 Read More
78 Triumph Bonneville, Tennessee Ebay franko 7 hours ago
0 5 Read More
58 Triumph TR6 Flat Track, California Ebay franko 7 hours ago
0 15 Read More
76 Triumph Bonneville Custom, Wisconsin Ebay franko 7 hours ago
0 10 Read More
67 BSA Lightning, New York $6,999 franko 8 hours ago
0 8 Read More
74 Triumph TR7, California $6,200 franko 8 hours ago
0 10 Read More
74 Triumph Bonneville, Pennesylvania $4,500 franko 8 hours ago
0 11 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership